CNA License Reciprocity in Idaho

To ensure a smooth transition as you consider working as a travel CNA in Idaho or moving to Idaho, understanding CNA reciprocity in the state is crucial. This process allows you to transfer your out-of-state CNA license to Idaho seamlessly. In the following, we’ll explain the specific requirements and steps for an out-of-state CNA license transfer to Idaho, enabling you to navigate the license reciprocity process with ease.

Transferring your license to Idaho using reciprocity requires you to already have a CNA license in another state. If you’re looking to register your first CNA certification on the Idaho Registry, read our page about how to get on the Idaho CNA Registry.

CNA license reciprocity in Idaho


Amount: $0
Details: Free of charge




Online application: No
Form: Yes. Link to form here.

How to

Form application:

  1. Fill in Part I and Part II.
  2. Enclose a printed verification from your state’s online Nurse Aide Registry stating you are active and in good standing (no negative findings).
  3. Enclose your Nurse Aide NATCEP course certificate OR submit your transcripts showing you successfully completed 1 semester of nursing school.

Note, no screenshots or photos are accepted – all documents must be in PDF format.

For support, email

Employer input required?


Current state input required?


Methods of filing

Email: Send to
Fax: Send to 208.334.6629
Mail: ATTN: IDHW Idaho Nurse Aide Registry, Licensing & Certification–Bureau of Facility Standards, P.O. Box 83720, PTC 6th Floor, Boise ID 83720-0009

Information last updated in

March 2024

Related links