CNA License Reciprocity in Nebraska

To ensure a smooth transition as you consider working as a travel CNA in Nebraska or moving to Nebraska, understanding CNA reciprocity in the state is crucial. This process allows you to transfer your out-of-state CNA license to Nebraska seamlessly. In the following, we’ll explain the specific requirements and steps for an out-of-state CNA license transfer to Iowa, enabling you to navigate the license reciprocity process with ease.

Transferring your license to Nebraska using reciprocity requires you to already have a CNA license in another state. If you’re looking to register your first CNA certification on the Nebraska Registry, read our page about how to get on the Nebraska CNA Registry.

CNA license reciprocity in Nebraska


Amount: $25-$30
Details: Abuse/Neglect/Misappropriation Training




Online Application: No
Form: Yes, link here

How to

Fill in the form:

  1. Complete the Interstate Endorsement form.
  2. Enclose a copy of your licensure card if you have one.
  3. Send the application by email, mail or fax.

Additional training: You must complete a minimum one hour of Nebraska Abuse/Neglect/Misappropriation Training , even if similar training was completed as part of another state’s requirements. This training may be provided by your first Nebraska nursing home employer or obtained at some of the community colleges or on-line (online may cost $25-$30 depending on the college).

Employer input required?


Current state input required?

Yes, Nebraska will contact the Nurse Aide Registry in the state in which you received your training and any other states in which you have worked as a nurse aide.

Methods of filing

Online application: No
Email: Yes, to
Fax: Yes, to 402-742-1151
Mail: Yes, to:
Nebraska Nurse Aide Registry
PO Box 94986
Lincoln NE 68509-4986

Processing time: 30 days

Support contact

Phone: 402-471-4322

Information last updated in

October 2023

Related links