CNA License Reciprocity in New Mexico

To ensure a smooth transition as you consider working as a travel CNA in New Mexico or moving to New Mexico, understanding CNA reciprocity in the state is crucial. This process allows you to transfer your out-of-state CNA license to New Mexico seamlessly. In the following, we’ll explain the specific requirements and steps for an out-of-state CNA license transfer to New Mexico, enabling you to navigate the license reciprocity process with ease.

Transferring your license to New Mexico using reciprocity requires you to already have a CNA license in another state. If you’re looking to register your first CNA certification on the New Mexico Registry, read our page about how to get on the New Mexico CNA Registry.

CNA license reciprocity in New Mexico


Amount: $0
Details: Free of charge




Online application: No
Form: Yes, link to form here

How to

Fill in the form:

Fill in the form and also provide your current CNA; your Social Security Card, and your Driver’s License or Photo ID.

Employer input required?


Current state input required?


Methods of filing

Online application: No
Email: Yes, to
Fax: Yes, to (505) 841-6551
Mail: Yes, to
CNAR Coordinator
Division of Health Improvement
5300 Homestead Road NE
Suite 300-3116
Albuquerque, NM 87110

Support contact

Information last updated in

May 2024

Related links