CNA License Reciprocity in Utah

To ensure a smooth transition as you consider working as a travel CNA in Utah or moving to Utah, understanding CNA reciprocity in the state is crucial. This process allows you to transfer your out-of-state CNA license to Utah seamlessly. In the following, we’ll explain the specific requirements and steps for an out-of-state CNA license transfer to Utah, enabling you to navigate the license reciprocity process with ease.

CNA license reciprocity in Utah


Amount: $50
Details: Administrative fees.
Note you will not be prompted to pay when submitting the form. You will receive an email after having submitted the form with a secure payment link. You must pay the fee within 30 days otherwise you’ll have to re-apply all over again.




Online application: Yes, see here
Form: No

How to

Fill in the online form:

  1. Click on “Transferring INTO the State of Utah Application Check List” – it will prompt more questions
  2. Upload a copy of your driver’s license (front only), passport or other state-issued photo ID
  3. Upload a copy of your social security card (front only)
  4. Upload a copy of, or a screenshot of, your current and active nursing assistant credentials
  5. Insert all the required information into the “Application for Certification by Reciprocity” section
  6. Read the “Consent to Release of Information” and sign next to “Application Signature” and add the date

Processing time: 7-10 days from receipt of payment (may be longer if your current state takes longer)

Employer input required?


Current state input required?


Methods of filing

Online application: Yes
Email: No
Fax: No
Mail: No

Support contact

Official website

Information last updated in

October 2023

Related links