CNA License Reciprocity in Kansas

To ensure a smooth transition as you consider working as a travel CNA in Kansas or moving to Kansas, understanding CNA reciprocity in the state is crucial. This process allows you to transfer your out-of-state CNA license to Kansas seamlessly. In the following, we’ll explain the specific requirements and steps for an out-of-state CNA license transfer to Kansas, enabling you to navigate the license reciprocity process with ease.

CNA license reciprocity in Kansas


Amount: $20
Details: Administrative fees




Online application: No
Form: Yes, download here

How to

Become certified in Kansas

  1. Fill in the application form, and the payment form.
  2. The form must be submitted together with:
    • A copy of identification with current name (e.g. driver’s license) AND
    • Social security number (social security card).
  3. Submit the application by mail or email (see below).
  4. The Kensas Nurse Registry will then send an Approval to Test notice which will provide the preferred testing site contact information. Applicants must take the Kansas Nurse Aide Test within a year of receiving the approval. The pass rate is 75% and the test can only be taken once.
  5. Upon receiving the approval, nurses will be able to work as “trainees” for four months only.

Employer input required?


Current state input required?


Methods of filing

Online application: No
Email: Yes,
Fax: No
Mail: Yes,
Health Occupations Credentialing, KDADS
503 S Kansas Topeka

Support contact

Call:  785-296-6877

Information last updated in

January 2024

Related links