CNA License Reciprocity in Minnesota

To ensure a smooth transition as you consider working as a travel CNA in Minnesota or moving to Minnesota, understanding CNA reciprocity in the state is crucial. This process allows you to transfer your out-of-state CNA license to Minnesota seamlessly. In the following, we’ll explain the specific requirements and steps for an out-of-state CNA license transfer to Minnesota, enabling you to navigate the license reciprocity process with ease.

CNA license reciprocity in Minnesota


Amount: $0
Details: Free of charge




Online application: No (may change)
Form: Yes, link to form here

How to

Fill in the form:

  • Fill in section A-1
  • Fill in section B-1 and attach all the required documents along with the application form. Send it to your current facility where you are currently working, or where you last worked in the state from which you are transferring.
  • You will receive a Verification of Registration letter once you are placed on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry. This letter will be mailed to the address you have listed on the application form.

Employer input required?


Current state input required?

Yes, send section A-1

Methods of filing

Email: One email by the nurse aid with all the documents to
Mail: No
Fax: No

Support contact

Information last updated in

October 2023

Related links