CNA License Reciprocity in Montana

To ensure a smooth transition as you consider working as a travel CNA in Montana or moving to Montana, understanding CNA reciprocity in the state is crucial. This process allows you to transfer your out-of-state CNA license to Montana seamlessly. In the following, we’ll explain the specific requirements and steps for an out-of-state CNA license transfer to Montana, enabling you to navigate the license reciprocity process with ease.

Transferring your license to Montana using reciprocity requires you to already have a CNA license in another state. If you’re looking to register your first CNA certification on the Montana Registry, read our page about how to get on the Montana CNA Registry.

CNA license reciprocity in Montana


Amount: $0
Details: Free of charge




Online Form: Yes, link here
Form: No

How to

Fill in the form:

  1. Click on the link to get to the BOUNDS Portal.
  2. Click on “Certified Nurse Aide”.
  3. Select the “CNA Interstate Endorsement (reciprocity)”.
  4. Fill in the form and click “submit”.
  5. You will receive an email at the address you provided, click on the BOUNDS portal activation.
  6. Complete the Interstate Endorsement application – you will need to enter at least one, current Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) number.

Employer input required?


Current state input required?


Methods of filing

Online application: Yes
Email: No
Mail: No
Fax: No

Support contact

Call: (406) 444-4980
Fax: (406) 444-3456

Information last updated in

October 2023

Related links