CNA License Reciprocity in West Virginia

To ensure a smooth transition as you consider working as a travel CNA in West Virginia or moving to West Virginia, understanding CNA reciprocity in the state is crucial. This process allows you to transfer your out-of-state CNA license to West Virginia seamlessly. In the following, we’ll explain the specific requirements and steps for an out-of-state CNA license transfer to West Virginia, enabling you to navigate the license reciprocity process with ease.

Transferring your license to West Virginia using reciprocity requires you to already have a CNA license in another state. If you’re looking to register your first CNA certification on the West Virginia Registry, read our page about how to get on the West Virginia CNA Registry.

CNA license reciprocity in West Virginia


Amount: $0
Details: Free of charge




Online application: Yes, see here
Form: No

How to

Fill in the online application:

  1. Fill in “Applicant Information”
  2. Fill in “Training Program”
  3. In “Nurse Aide Status in Other States” insert all the states in which you are registered
  4. Answer the question on abuse and neglect
  5. Fill in “Healthcare Employment”, you can insert additional employment information if you’ve worked in several facilities/locations
  6. Read and sign the disclaimer
  7. Submit the application

Employer input required?


Current state input required?


Methods of filing

Online application: Yes
Email: No
Fax: No
Mail: No

Support contact

Call: (304) 558-0050

Official website

Information last updated in

Mai 2024

Related links